Skip to content
The Nexus
DossierENTITY

Jenin

Coverage of Jenin in the Nexus archive.

Earliest in view: May 9 · 20:32 UTCMost recent: Aug 4 · 15:41 UTC
Co-mentioned in this coverage
Recent coverage
  • SECURITYAug 4 · 15:41 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israeli forces issue demolition orders, bulldoze farmland, attack water systems in occupied West Bank

    Israeli forces issued demolition orders for three tourist facilities in the village of Arraneh, bulldozed agricultural land, and destroyed part of a drinking water network in Beit Iskaria to expand the Gush Etzion settlement bloc. Settlers attacked a water pipeline east of Tubas for the eighth time since July and assaulted a Palestinian family and their vehicle east of Deir Dibwan.

  • POLITICSAug 1 · 18:02 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Burnham says UK exploring measures against Israeli settlements in West Bank

    UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham has stated the UK is exploring potential measures against Israeli settlements in the West Bank amid ongoing settler attacks on Palestinians. The UK previously imposed trade guidance on settlements but avoided a full import ban, following an International Court of Justice ruling that settlements violate international law in June 2024.

  • WORLDJul 28 · 16:16 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israeli forces demolish 11 homes in occupied West Bank over past 24 hours

    Israeli forces demolished 11 Palestinian homes in the occupied West Bank over 24 hours, while settlers attacked three Palestinians and blocked ambulance access. Israeli authorities also seized land in Arraba and Qabatiya for military purposes and established new mobile homes near a checkpoint in Tubas as part of settlement plans.

  • SECURITYJul 26 · 08:43 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israeli forces conduct 'major raid' in West Bank's Rafidia, settlers set light to mosques in Tulkarem and Nablus

    Israeli forces conducted a major raid in Rafidia near Nablus, detaining 16 Palestinians, while settlers set fire to parts of a mosque in Tulkarem and another in Qusra. The Ministry of Awqaf condemned the attacks as part of a systematic campaign against Palestinian religious rights, alongside the establishment of an illegal outpost in Deir Istiya and the demolition of a home in Jenin.

  • SECURITYJul 25 · 09:41 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Number of detained Palestinians from overnight Israeli raids reaches 66

    At least 66 Palestinians were detained in Israeli military raids across the occupied West Bank, including 30 in Tal, four in Ramallah, five in Jenin, eight in Hebron, three in Bethlehem, and five in Tulkarem, according to Wafa news agency.

  • SECURITYJul 25 · 08:40 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israeli forces conduct widespread raids across Jenin

    Israeli forces conducted large-scale raids in Jenin and surrounding areas, targeting neighborhoods and towns including Jabal Abu Dhahir, Al-Marah, Zababdeh, and Faqqu'a. The raids resulted in two Palestinians being wounded and around 50 detentions in Tal. Wafa and Al Jazeera reported on the incidents.

  • SECURITYJul 23 · 13:08 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israeli army kills Palestinian near Jenin, occupied West Bank

    A Palestinian was killed by the Israeli army near Jenin, occupied West Bank, following an alleged stabbing attempt on an Israeli soldier. Two Palestinians were shot after an Israeli settler was stabbed in Nablus governorate.

  • WORLDJul 8 · 14:00 UTCAL-MONITOR
    Israeli jails a 'graveyard,' says freed Palestinian journalist

    A Palestinian journalist described Israeli prisons as a 'graveyard' after his release in April, following a year in detention. He reported a significant decline in health post-release.

  • SECURITYJul 7 · 08:09 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israeli forces demolish two houses in Ramallah, detain four Palestinians in Jenin

    Israeli forces demolished two houses in Ramallah's al-Attari area and detained four Palestinians, including a woman, during raids in Jenin. The demolitions involved properties belonging to Wael Salama Qadah and Abdul Qader Shalash's son, with forces using stun grenades. Detainees included Ghassan al-Atrash, Thaer Alawneh, Mohammad Abahra, and Basmala Hawashin.

  • WORLDJul 5 · 00:03 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Palestinian official calls for international intervention as settler violence escalates in West Bank

    A Palestinian official called for international intervention as Israeli settlers escalated violence in the West Bank, including attacks on Palestinians, human rights activists, and property. Incidents involved injuries, home seizures, olive tree uprooting, and military post conversions, with Israeli forces accused of protecting settlers during assaults.

  • SECURITYJul 4 · 00:19 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Settlers raid several West Bank villages as attacks escalate

    Israeli settlers raided several Palestinian communities in the occupied West Bank, leading to attacks, arrests, and confrontations with Israeli security forces. Incidents included attempts to steal sheep in Arrabeh, arrests in Khan al-Ahmar, and the use of crowd-control measures in Idhna. The Palestinian Red Crescent reported injuries to Palestinians, including a young man struck by a rubber-coated steel bullet and two elderly individuals protecting their livestock.

  • POLITICSJul 3 · 02:54 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Government: Israeli settlers uproot, damage dozens of olive trees in Nablus

    Israeli settlers uprooted and damaged dozens of olive trees in Beita, south of Nablus. Al Jazeera reported that 500 olive trees were bulldozed near Jenin in the occupied West Bank. Over 120,000 olive trees have been damaged, uprooted, or poisoned in the West Bank since 2020.

  • SECURITYJun 29 · 10:26 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israel uproots hundreds of West Bank olive trees amid fears of wider destruction

    Israeli forces uprooted at least 500 olive trees in Zububa village near Jenin in the occupied West Bank, part of a large-scale operation near the separation wall. The destruction threatens 120 additional dunams of olive groves, disrupting the annual harvest critical to local Palestinian communities.

  • SECURITYJun 28 · 19:21 UTCAL JAZEERA
    Israeli forces bulldoze olive groves in the occupied West Bank

    Israeli forces bulldozed olive trees in the village of Zububa, west of Jenin in the occupied West Bank. The action targeted olive groves in the area.

  • SECURITYJun 24 · 16:15 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Palestinian man killed by Israeli forces near Jenin

    A 29-year-old Palestinian man, Muhammad Nazem Ezzat Zayed, was killed by Israeli forces in al-Yamoun, west of Jenin, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health. Israeli forces took his body after shooting him, and his death raises the total number of Palestinians killed by Israeli forces in the occupied West Bank since the start of the year to 71.

  • WORLDJun 22 · 19:15 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israeli raids and settler attacks intensify across occupied West Bank

    Israeli forces conducted raids in Turmus Ayya and Silwan, detaining a Palestinian and a child respectively, while settlers attacked Palestinians near Atara. In Jenin, forces excavated privately owned agricultural land for a military camp.

  • SECURITYJun 19 · 14:42 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israeli forces detain and attack Palestinians in occupied West Bank

    Israeli forces detained three Palestinian men and attacked others with tear gas and sound bombs near Bethlehem in the occupied West Bank. Additional arrests and raids occurred near Jenin and Qalqilya city, according to Wafa news agency.

  • SECURITYJun 19 · 12:56 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israeli forces conduct raids in occupied West Bank as Israeli settlers attack infrastructure

    Israeli forces raided a children's toy store in Jenin and fired tear gas in the marketplace, while also storming Al-Mughayyir near Ramallah during Friday prayers. Israeli settlers attacked a house and vehicles in Kafr Haris and vandalized an electricity pole in Beita near Nablus.

  • SECURITYJun 15 · 11:14 UTCTIMES OF ISRAEL
    Daily Briefing June 15 – Despite Iran deal, Israel determined to hold the fort in Lebanon

    Israel is determined to maintain its military presence in southern Lebanon despite a deal with Iran. The IDF is holding territory in the region, with plans for a permanent base in Area A's Jenin.

  • SECURITYJun 12 · 00:32 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israel establishing permanent military base in Jenin, report says

    The Israeli military is establishing a permanent base near Jenin refugee camp in the occupied West Bank, according to Haaretz. The base aims to replace troop presence in residents' homes and support security operations in the area, which has seen repeated Israeli operations since 2025 causing displacement and infrastructure damage.

  • SECURITYJun 11 · 15:09 UTCTIMES OF ISRAEL
    As IDF prepares to build post in Jenin, 2 soldiers hurt, 1 seriously, in blast

    Two Israeli soldiers were injured, one seriously, in a blast as the IDF prepared to establish its first permanent post in Jenin, Area A, which is intended to be fully controlled by the Palestinian Authority.

  • WORLDMay 9 · 20:32 UTCAL JAZEERA
    Palestinian family says settlers forced them to exhume father’s body

    A Palestinian family in Jenin was forced by Israeli settlers to exhume their father's body hours after his funeral. The incident occurred in Jenin and involved a Palestinian family. The family was compelled to take this action by Israeli settlers.