Skip to content
The Nexus
DossierENTITY

Hebron

Coverage of Hebron in the Nexus archive.

Earliest in view: Jun 12 · 14:07 UTCMost recent: Aug 4 · 15:54 UTC
Co-mentioned in this coverage
Recent coverage
  • POLITICSAug 4 · 15:54 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Labour Friends of Israel defends major West Bank settlement blocs

    Labour Friends of Israel (LFI) published a report defending Israeli settlement blocs in the West Bank and opposing a British government ban on goods from these settlements. The report argues against legal measures targeting settlement products, despite international law deeming all settlements in the West Bank illegal. The International Court of Justice ruled in 2024 that Israel's occupation of Palestinian territory is unlawful.

  • POLITICSAug 2 · 02:02 UTCTIMES OF ISRAEL
    As toxic sewage and factory sludge choke Hebron stream, locals refuse to go with the flow

    Toxic sewage and factory sludge are polluting a stream in Hebron due to inadequate infrastructure and coordination, leading to soil and groundwater contamination. Local dumping by Palestinian residents and industry exacerbates the issue, while Israel's response is described as partisan and ineffective.

  • SECURITYAug 1 · 18:51 UTCAL JAZEERA
    Palestinian children among those detained in Israeli West Bank raids

    Palestinian children were among those detained during Israeli raids in the West Bank. Settler violence has increased, with reports of illegal outposts and frequent attacks in Ramallah, Hebron, and Nablus.

  • POLITICSAug 1 · 18:02 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Burnham says UK exploring measures against Israeli settlements in West Bank

    UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham has stated the UK is exploring potential measures against Israeli settlements in the West Bank amid ongoing settler attacks on Palestinians. The UK previously imposed trade guidance on settlements but avoided a full import ban, following an International Court of Justice ruling that settlements violate international law in June 2024.

  • SECURITYAug 1 · 13:31 UTCTIMES OF ISRAEL
    Settlers assault Palestinians, burn cars in overnight West Bank raid; no arrests

    Settlers attacked Palestinians and burned cars during an overnight raid in the West Bank, leaving three people wounded in the town of Surif near Hebron. Another assault was reported against a Palestinian couple tending a farm near Ramallah. Police are investigating but have made no arrests.

  • CRIMEJul 30 · 19:03 UTCNEWS10 ALBANY
    Hebron man arrested on child sex abuse charges

    A Hebron man was arrested following a sex crime investigation. The Washington County Sheriff's Office announced the arrest on Thursday.

  • WORLDJul 26 · 12:14 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Waves of settler attacks target mosques, homes and businesses across West Bank

    Waves of Israeli settler attacks targeted mosques, homes, and businesses across the West Bank, including the al-Rahma mosque in Qusra and a mosque in Kur, with Palestinian officials condemning the violence and calling for international action. Settlers reportedly burned structures, spray-painted racist slogans, and operated under the protection of Israeli forces.

  • SECURITYJul 25 · 09:41 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Number of detained Palestinians from overnight Israeli raids reaches 66

    At least 66 Palestinians were detained in Israeli military raids across the occupied West Bank, including 30 in Tal, four in Ramallah, five in Jenin, eight in Hebron, three in Bethlehem, and five in Tulkarem, according to Wafa news agency.

  • CRIMEJul 24 · 20:47 UTCFOX 32 CHICAGO
    Missing Indiana man found dead after overnight search at county park, sheriff says

    A 73-year-old Indiana man was found dead near a trail at Stoney Run County Park in Hebron after an overnight search. Authorities confirmed his body was discovered Friday morning.

  • SECURITYJul 19 · 19:32 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israeli settlers injure elderly Palestinian man near Hebron

    Israeli settlers attacked and injured an elderly Palestinian man and others in Surif, northwest of Hebron, using clubs. In a separate incident, settlers drove cattle onto farmland in Khallat al-Homs, damaging crops and trees. Palestinian officials report increased settler attacks in the Hebron governorate near settlements.

  • WORLDJul 19 · 16:06 UTCAL JAZEERA
    Israeli settlers torch homes and mosque in Masafer Yatta

    Israeli settlers attacked the Palestinian village of al Tuwani in Masafer Yatta, south of Hebron, torching homes and a mosque. Videos document the assault.

  • WORLDJul 18 · 23:31 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israeli settlers storm Palestinian homes in Hebron, steal sheep

    Israeli settlers attacked Palestinian homes in Hebron's Wadi al-Rakhim area, stealing three sheep and firing live ammunition with Israeli forces present. A child was hospitalized due to severe shock and convulsions. In another incident near As-Samu', settlers attempted to steal sheep but were confronted by residents.

  • WORLDJul 16 · 17:17 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israeli settlers injure three Palestinians in occupied West Bank

    Israeli settlers injured three Palestinians in Masafer Yatta, occupied West Bank, according to Al Jazeera and the Palestinian Red Crescent Society. A Palestinian teenager was also injured by Israeli army gunfire during a raid on Bani Naim, east of Hebron, where 32 Palestinians were detained.

  • WORLDJul 16 · 09:50 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    After Ireland partially bans trade with Israeli settlements, the UK must go further

    Ireland has partially banned trade with Israeli settlements, but the UK is urged to take stronger action to uphold Palestinian rights and international law. Settler violence in the occupied West Bank has reached its highest level since 2006, with attacks on Palestinian communities and infrastructure, supported by Israeli state policies. The International Court of Justice has mandated that states end support for Israel's illegal occupation.

  • SECURITYJul 14 · 20:30 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Two Palestinian youths injured in settler attack south of Nablus

    Two Palestinian youths were injured in an Israeli settler attack in Beita, south of Nablus, West Bank. Settlers cut electricity poles, caused outages, and obstructed an ambulance while assaulting its crew. Israeli forces issued demolition notices near Hebron to expand settlements, following a $434m budget approval for 34 new settlements.

  • POLITICSJul 14 · 13:51 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israeli defence minister seeks pardon for soldier who killed Palestinian

    Israeli Defence Minister Israel Katz has requested President Isaac Herzog to pardon Elor Azaria, a former soldier convicted for killing an incapacitated Palestinian in Hebron. The soldier was released early after serving 14 months of an 18-month sentence for manslaughter.

  • POLITICSJul 14 · 12:41 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israeli defence minister seeks pardon for soldier who killed Palestinian

    Israeli defense minister Israel Katz has requested a pardon for Elor Azaria, a former soldier convicted of manslaughter for killing a wounded Palestinian in Hebron in 2016. The request seeks to expunge Azaria's criminal record, following prior rejected pardon attempts and opposition from military officials.

  • WORLDJul 13 · 15:49 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israel blocks Red Cross access to Palestinian prisoners despite court ruling

    Israel has expanded restrictions on Red Cross access to Palestinian prisoners despite a High Court ruling declaring the ban unlawful. New regulations limit visits to 30 minutes, restrict access to certain prisoners, and require pre-submission of visit lists, defying judicial orders to resume visits after a prior ban following the 2023 October attacks.

  • WORLDJul 11 · 04:59 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Report: Israeli settlers attack women, elderly shepherds in Hebron

    Israeli settlers attacked Palestinian women and elderly shepherds in the Masafer Yatta area of Hebron in the occupied West Bank, targeting their livestock. Two men were injured in Beit Furik, and nine others suffered bruises and tear gas inhalation during an attack in Masafer Yatta. Settler gangs, under the protection of Israeli forces, assaulted Palestinians and attempted to steal sheep.

  • WORLDJul 10 · 17:49 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israeli settlers injure eight Palestinians near Hebron

    Israeli settlers injured eight Palestinians in an attack in Khirbet Asafi, Masafer Yatta, near Hebron in the occupied West Bank, according to the Palestinian Red Crescent. Settlers have repeatedly targeted the area to displace Palestinian communities, with 50 acres of land seized in the region featured in the Oscar-winning documentary 'No Other Land'.

  • POLITICSJul 7 · 05:46 UTCTHE GUARDIAN WORLD
    Tuesday briefing: What challenges would Ed Miliband face as chancellor?

    The article discusses the challenges Ed Miliband might face as the presumptive next chancellor, referencing his podcast with Geoff Lloyd. It also covers Nigel Farage's association with George Cottrell, Donald Trump's request to review a World Cup red card, a UK custody scandal involving working-class boys, an immigration case, and a British charity funding an Israeli settlement in Hebron.

  • SECURITYJul 4 · 00:19 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Settlers raid several West Bank villages as attacks escalate

    Israeli settlers raided several Palestinian communities in the occupied West Bank, leading to attacks, arrests, and confrontations with Israeli security forces. Incidents included attempts to steal sheep in Arrabeh, arrests in Khan al-Ahmar, and the use of crowd-control measures in Idhna. The Palestinian Red Crescent reported injuries to Palestinians, including a young man struck by a rubber-coated steel bullet and two elderly individuals protecting their livestock.

  • SECURITYJul 3 · 19:30 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Settler attack injures several Palestinians near Hebron

    Israeli settlers attacked and wounded several Palestinians near Hebron in the occupied West Bank, according to Wafa news agency and the Palestine Red Crescent Society. Settlers, protected by Israeli soldiers, stormed the town of Idhna, firing on Palestinian landowners. A young man was injured with a rubber-coated steel bullet, and two elderly Palestinians were hurt while protecting their sheep.

  • POLITICSJul 2 · 21:15 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Jerusalem governorate warns against Israeli approval of 13 new settlements

    The Jerusalem governorate warned against the Israeli security cabinet's approval of 13 new settlements in the occupied West Bank, stating it would further isolate Jerusalem and reflect a policy of accelerating land seizure. The governorate accused Israel of using Palestinian land and lives as part of political competition during election periods, citing a recent demolition of a Palestinian family's home in a village south of Hebron.

  • SECURITYJul 1 · 21:11 UTCWTOP DC
    Israeli forces detain Palestinian women in West Bank raids

    Israeli forces detained five Palestinian women in West Bank raids across Hebron, Ramallah, Nablus, and Bethlehem. The detentions, part of a growing trend, include women linked to political activism, social media criticism, or university student groups, with some held under administrative detention without formal charges.

  • SECURITYJul 1 · 14:55 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israel arrests five women activists in the occupied West Bank

    The Israeli army arrested five women activists in the occupied West Bank after raiding their homes. The women, associated with health committees, included Jamila Abu Dahou, Jamila Kanaan, Maysar al-Faqih, Faten Hanaysheh, and Etaf Bader, along with 15 other Palestinians. Soldiers blindfolded and handcuffed Etaf Bader during the raid in Hebron, and her husband expressed uncertainty about her detention location.

  • POLITICSJul 1 · 13:29 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israel arrests five women activists in the occupied West Bank

    Israel arrested five women activists in the occupied West Bank, including members of health committees, during home raids. The Palestinian Prisoners' Club reported escalated targeting of female activists through arrests, night raids, and harsh interrogation methods.

  • WORLDJun 29 · 17:00 UTCLE MONDE (EN)
    The killing of West Bank children by Israel's army, a product of Palestinians' dehumanization

    A seven-month-old Palestinian child, Sam Abu Haikal, was killed in Hebron, occupied West Bank, on June 6, 2026. His body was laid in a mosque for a final tribute, and the incident is described as a product of Palestinians' dehumanization by Israel's army.

  • WORLDJun 29 · 01:30 UTCAL-MONITOR
    Israelis, Palestinians torn over sacred shrine in city of Hebron

    Israelis and Palestinians have conflicting perspectives on Hebron's Cave of the Patriarchs shrine, with an Israeli settler viewing it as a global must-see and a Palestinian activist seeing it as a symbol of Israeli expansion. The site, sacred to Jews, Muslims, and Christians, is believed to be the burial place of biblical figures like Abraham and represents competing claims in the occupied West Bank city of Hebron.

  • POLITICSJun 23 · 20:11 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israeli forces demolish Palestinian home in occupied West Bank

    Israeli forces demolished a Palestinian home in the eastern area of Hebron in the occupied West Bank, displacing two families, including children and elderly residents. The demolition was carried out using heavy machinery, with Israeli soldiers guarding the site, and was justified by the absence of Israeli-issued building permits.

  • SECURITYJun 22 · 11:56 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israeli raid in Hebron kills two Palestinians, including child

    An Israeli military raid in Beit Ummar, a town northwest of Hebron in the occupied West Bank, killed two Palestinians, including a 15-year-old child, during an operation where forces fired on Palestinian youth near the Karmei Tzur settlement. The victims' bodies were withheld by Israeli forces, and the military claimed it opened fire after Molotov cocktails were thrown and areas set on fire.

  • POLITICSJun 17 · 15:36 UTCAL-MONITOR
    Israel approves settler building plans in Palestinian West Bank city

    Israel approved the expansion of a Jewish school for settlers in Hebron, West Bank, which Palestinians claim violates a decades-old agreement. The decision followed the scrapping of a deal that granted the Palestinian municipality control over planning and construction around Hebron's historic core, a site containing a flashpoint holy shrine.

  • POLITICSJun 17 · 04:26 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Rights group condemns Israeli moves to take over Hebron planning powers

    Peace Now, an Israeli rights group, condemned the Israeli government's decision to assume planning and construction powers in Hebron from the Palestinian Municipality. The group accused finance minister Bezalel Smotrich of using the move to gain political support and criticized the action as based on an apartheid principle, which it claims undermines prospects for a two-state solution.

  • WORLDJun 17 · 03:38 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Muslim advocacy group denounces Israeli action at Ibrahimi Mosque

    The Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) condemned the Israeli government's reported seizure of authority over the Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron, West Bank, calling it an attack on Palestinian rights and international law. CAIR accused Israel of undermining Palestinian self-governance and altering the historic status of the site, urging global accountability and protection of holy sites from political manipulation.

  • POLITICSJun 17 · 01:57 UTCDAWN
    Israel strips Palestinians of control over holy site in Hebron

    Israel’s Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich transferred control of the Cave of Patriarchs/Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron from the Palestinian municipality to an Israeli committee, a move condemned by the Palestinian Authority as violating agreements and international law. The 1997 protocol had placed most of the site under Palestinian administration, which Israel has been eroding.

  • POLITICSJun 17 · 01:24 UTCAL JAZEERA
    Smotrich says Israel taking control of Hebron

    Israeli Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich stated that Israel has transferred authority over Hebron to the army. The declaration highlights a shift in administrative control of the city.

  • POLITICSJun 16 · 16:28 UTCMIDDLE EAST EYE
    Israel says Palestinians stripped of authority over Ibrahimi Mosque

    Israel's Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich stated that Palestinians have been stripped of administrative authority over the Ibrahimi Mosque in Hebron, a move described as a step toward Israeli sovereignty and governance. The decision is part of expanding Israeli control over the site and surrounding areas, which has restricted Palestinian access and daily life.

  • SECURITYJun 15 · 17:23 UTCTIMES OF ISRAEL
    Settlers attack Palestinians and activists near Hebron, vandalize vehicles

    Settlers attacked Palestinians and activists near Hebron and vandalized vehicles. IDF troops declared the area a closed military zone, displacing Palestinians from their farmland. Palestinian reports indicate settlers destroyed olive trees near Bethlehem.

  • SECURITYJun 12 · 20:32 UTCWPLG LOCAL 10 MIAMI
    Tornadoes in Illinois and Indiana leave residents grappling with damage; cleanup efforts underway

    Tornadoes in Illinois and Indiana caused significant damage to homes, buildings, and infrastructure, with cleanup efforts ongoing. No deaths were reported, but minor injuries occurred, and power restoration could take until next week. Affected areas include Merrillville, Hebron, and Streator, with the American Red Cross providing shelter and emergency crews assessing damage.

  • SECURITYJun 12 · 14:07 UTCWPLG LOCAL 10 MIAMI
    Officials search tornado-damaged areas after strong storms hit Illinois and Indiana

    Strong storms and tornadoes caused significant damage in Illinois and Indiana, leaving hundreds of thousands without power and disrupting air travel. No deaths were reported, but several people sustained minor injuries. Officials and residents are assessing the damage and working to restore infrastructure.