Skip to content
The Nexus
DossierENTITY

Brad Cooper

Coverage of Brad Cooper in the Nexus archive.

Earliest in view: Apr 16 · 12:14 UTCMost recent: Jul 26 · 16:47 UTC
Co-mentioned in this coverage
Recent coverage
  • SECURITYJul 26 · 16:47 UTCAXIOS
    Top U.S. military commander in Middle East advised halting Hormuz bombing

    U.S. military commander Adm. Brad Cooper advised halting the bombing campaign around the Strait of Hormuz due to its limited effectiveness, influencing President Trump's decision to pause strikes against Iran. The pause follows discussions with advisers, who noted that Iran's ability to attack ships had been significantly degraded and that designated bombing targets were mostly exhausted.

  • SECURITYJul 15 · 03:37 UTCWPLG LOCAL 10 MIAMI
    US reimposes its blockade on Iran after Tehran's attacks on ships in the Strait of Hormuz

    The U.S. military reimposed a blockade on Iranian ports following attacks on ships in the Strait of Hormuz by Iran, escalating regional tensions. Retaliatory strikes by both nations and threats to halt energy exports risk pushing the Middle East back to all-out war. The U.S. previously lifted the blockade in June as part of an interim deal, but renewed hostilities have stalled negotiations.

  • SECURITYJul 15 · 02:46 UTCAXIOS
    Trump held Situation Room meeting on massive new Iran strikes

    President Trump held a Situation Room meeting to discuss expanding military strikes on Iran, targeting strategic locations including power plants and bridges, and monitoring activities at Pickaxe Mountain, a suspected nuclear site. The U.S. military has conducted strikes in the Strait of Hormuz and southern Iran, while Iran retaliated with missile and drone attacks on U.S. bases.

  • SECURITYJun 12 · 18:48 UTCWPLG LOCAL 10 MIAMI
    As Trump again says Iran war could soon end, some Trump objectives are unfulfilled

    President Trump claims the U.S. is close to ending the war with Iran, but key objectives like destroying Iran's missile capabilities and defense industrial base remain unfulfilled. The conflict has caused economic strain and raised questions about planning and justification, despite U.S. and Israeli strikes degrading Iran's military.

  • SECURITYJun 9 · 20:04 UTCBREAKING DEFENSE
    In memo to CENTCOM commanders, Cooper warns of duty to protect civilians

    Adm. Brad Cooper, the CENTCOM head, emphasized in a memo to commanders that the commitment to the law of armed conflict is not a constraint on military lethality. The memo underscores a duty to protect civilians during operations.

  • POLITICSMay 19 · 20:15 UTCCBS NEWS
    Tense exchange between Rep. Crow and CENTCOM commander over Iran, rules on quarter for enemies

    Rep. Jason Crow questioned CENTCOM commander Adm. Brad Cooper about rules on quarter for enemies during a House Armed Services Committee hearing, following comments by Defense Sec. Pete Hegseth on showing no mercy to enemies in the war with Iran. The exchange was tense and focused on the treatment of enemies. The hearing highlighted the complexities of warfare rules.

  • SECURITYMay 2 · 23:32 UTCAXIOS
    Trump says new strikes possible if Iran "misbehaves"

    President Trump stated he could order renewed military action against Iran if it 'misbehaves,' despite ongoing negotiations for a framework agreement. Iran submitted a 14-point proposal with deadlines for resolving the war and reopening the Strait of Hormuz, but Trump expressed dissatisfaction. CENTCOM commander Brad Cooper briefed Trump on new military strike plans.

  • SECURITYApr 18 · 17:06 UTCFOX NEWS POLITICS
    US Navy releases photos of 'fresh meals,' pushes back on reports of food shortages on Middle East warships

    The U.S. Navy released photos of 'fresh meals' on the USS Abraham Lincoln and USS Tripoli to counter claims of food shortages, with high-ranking officials like Secretary of War Pete Hegseth and Admiral Daryl Caudle dismissing the reports as 'fake news.' The Navy emphasized that sailors receive fully portioned, nutritionally balanced meals with no shortages.

  • SECURITYApr 16 · 14:05 UTCCBS NEWS
    Pentagon gives update on Iran war, says 13 ships were turned around by U.S. blockade

    The Pentagon reported that 13 Iranian ships were redirected by a U.S. blockade near the Strait of Hormuz, as Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth and Gen. Dan Caine addressed reporters. China is urging Iran to reopen the critical waterway, while U.S. Navy Admiral Brad Cooper outlined regional operations.

  • SECURITYApr 16 · 12:14 UTCFOX NEWS POLITICS
    Hegseth warns Iranian leaders to 'choose wisely' on deal with US: 'We are locked and loaded'

    U.S. War Secretary Pete Hegseth warned Iranian leaders to avoid poor decisions regarding a potential peace deal, stating the U.S. military is 'locked and loaded' to target Iran's energy infrastructure. He emphasized U.S. military superiority and Iran's inability to replenish its capabilities, while referencing a proposed blockade of the Strait of Hormuz following failed negotiations.