CENTCOM
Coverage of CENTCOM in the Nexus archive.
- Centcom commander visits USS Abraham Lincoln amid questions about conditions on ship
U.S. Central Command (Centcom) commander Adm. Brad Cooper visited the USS Abraham Lincoln on Saturday. This visit occurred after the ship had been docked in the Middle East for over 260 days since November. Centcom stated that Cooper's trip was part of a 10-day tour related to overseeing the war with Iran.
- State of confusion
The article discusses the US's lack of a coherent strategy in its conflict with Iran, highlighting President Trump's inconsistent rhetoric ranging from threats of military action to offers of peace. It notes Iran's resilience despite US actions, the depletion of US munitions, and the failure to achieve US objectives such as regime change or halting Iran's nuclear capabilities. The article also mentions Saudi Arabia's push for renewed diplomacy and Pakistan's role as a potential mediator.
- Pentagon is emailing military experts and asking best way to 'punish' Iran: Report
The Pentagon is emailing military experts to crowdsource unconventional methods to pressure and punish Iran, according to a CNN report. The initiative follows an on-again, off-again US-Israeli conflict with Iran that began in February, leading to Iran closing the Strait of Hormuz and causing energy price spikes. Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman urged diplomatic solutions with President Trump.
- US govt advises Americans to leave Mideast
The US government advises Americans in the Middle East to consider leaving due to potential regional escalation, as Iran warns against countries acting as a US defensive shield. US naval forces redirected 30 commercial vessels, a tanker was struck by an unknown projectile near Oman, and Iran's military accused the US of escalating tensions.
- Daily Briefing July 30 – Will first Iran strike on Egypt unfurl CENTCOM’s umbrella?
The article discusses the potential implications of a first Iranian strike on Egypt, focusing on the role of the US Central Command (CENTCOM) in the Middle East. It also covers a Hezbollah ceasefire violation, the discovery of a weapons depot in a Gaza mosque, and developments regarding Haredi conscription.
- US strikes Iran’s Revolutionary Guards in ‘powerful response’ to attacks on its forces
The US military conducted strikes against Iran’s Revolutionary Guards in response to attacks on its forces. CENTCOM reported that command centers and other sites were targeted, while Trump expressed frustration with the war's lack of progress.
- Trump threatens retaliatory strikes after Iran attacks US base in Jordan
Trump has threatened retaliatory strikes following an Iranian attack on a US base in Jordan. CENTCOM reported intercepting multiple ballistic missiles during the attempted attack on US forces in the Middle East.
- Loose clips sink ships? US warns Mideast troops against filming bases, said to weigh seizing phones
The US military warns Mideast troops against filming military bases on social media, citing risks that could endanger American service members and Gulf civilians. The CENTCOM chief highlights the potential consequences of such posts, with reports suggesting authorities may consider seizing soldiers' phones.
- US intercepts all missiles fired in Iranian surprise attack, CENTCOM says
The US intercepted all missiles launched by Iran's elite paramilitary forces in a surprise attack targeting U.S. Middle East forces, with none reaching their intended targets.
- Iran launches surprise ballistic missile attack on U.S. forces in the Middle East
Iran launched a surprise ballistic missile attack targeting U.S. forces in the Middle East. Centcom confirmed the attack originated from Iran and stated all missiles were intercepted.
- CENTCOM announces US-UAE task force on AI
CENTCOM has announced a U.S.-UAE task force focused on artificial intelligence. A defense official expressed concerns about sharing classified information as a potential challenge.
- Senior Iranian source says Tehran will halt attacks as long as US holds its fire
A senior Iranian source indicates Tehran will stop attacks if the US refrains from military action. The US has reportedly paused strikes in the Hormuz region as targets near exhaustion, per CENTCOM. Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu states the war will end only if Iran's regime collapses or it abandons its nuclear program.
- Centcom launches attacks against Iran, several blasts reported in Tabriz, Sirik
The US Central Command (Centcom) launched strikes against Iran for the 11th consecutive night, with explosions reported in Sirik and Tabriz. Air defense systems in Tehran were activated to counter 'hostile' targets, according to Nour News agency.
- Centcom says it ended latest round of attacks against Iran
US Central Command (Centcom) stated it ended a wave of strikes against Iran, targeting military command centers, maritime capabilities, missile and drone launch sites, and air defense systems. The statement also mentioned Centcom facilitated the transit of 900 commercial vessels and 450 million barrels of crude oil.
- Trump orders airstrikes against Iran for 10th straight night — after vowing to avenge deaths of US soldiers
Trump orders airstrikes against Iran for the 10th consecutive night, citing the need to avenge the deaths of US soldiers. The strikes aim to degrade Iranian military capabilities used to attack commercial shipping in the Strait of Hormuz, according to CENTCOM.
- U.S. launches 10th straight night of strikes on Iran as Pentagon reports nearly 100 injuries in July
The U.S. launched its 10th consecutive night of strikes on Iran, as confirmed by CENTCOM. The Pentagon reported nearly 100 U.S. service members were injured in Iranian airstrikes on multiple bases this month.
- U.S. soldier killed in Iraq, Trump orders more strikes against Iran
A U.S. service member was killed in Iraq, and unidentified remains were found in Jordan linked to an Iranian strike. Trump ordered additional strikes against Iran following the incidents.
- U.S. soldier killed in Iraq, Trump orders more strikes against Iran
A U.S. service member was killed in Iraq, as announced by CENTCOM. Unidentified remains were found in Jordan at the location where a U.S. service member went missing and two others were killed following an Iranian strike. Trump has ordered more strikes against Iran.
- Reports of blasts across Iran
Explosions were reported in multiple Iranian cities including Bandar Mahshahr, Bandar Imam Khomeini, Chabahar, and Tabriz following Centcom's announcement of attacks against Iran for the ninth consecutive night. Iran's air defense systems were activated in Konarak, according to the Mehr news agency.
- US strikes Iran for 9th straight night; IRGC launches retaliatory attacks on Syria, Kuwait and Bahrian
US forces have conducted strikes against Iran for the ninth consecutive night, with the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) launching retaliatory attacks on Syria, Kuwait, and Bahrian. CENTCOM reported that American forces redirected six ships and disabled another as part of a naval blockade reimposed on Iran.
- US-Iran strikes: latest developments
US and Iranian strikes continued into Sunday as the US sought to 'punish' Iran for an attack in Jordan that killed two US soldiers and left another missing. Gulf states also responded to Iranian attacks, according to reports.
- U.S. says it targeted Iranian forces after attacks that killed two American service members
The U.S. targeted Iran's coastal surveillance and air defense facilities in response to an Iranian strike on Jordan that killed two American service members. The attack occurred a day after the fatal strike.
- US continues strikes on Iran after confirming death of American soldiers
The US continued strikes on Iran for the eighth consecutive night, as confirmed by the US Central Command (CENTCOM), following the confirmation of American soldiers' deaths.
- Iranian strike kills 2 US troops in Jordan, as Tehran vows ‘unforgettable lessons’
An Iranian strike in Jordan killed two U.S. troops and injured four others, with another service member reported missing. Iran announced it has suspended implementation of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), while the U.S. stated it is sending warplanes to the Middle East.
- Iran-linked attack in Jordan kills 2 U.S. troops, CENTCOM says
Two U.S. service members were killed and another remains missing after Iran-linked ballistic missile and drone attacks on a U.S. base in Jordan on July 17. Four additional service members were hospitalized, and others treated for minor injuries. The attacks occurred amid heightened tensions following a broken ceasefire and U.S. efforts to reopen the Strait of Hormuz.
- Two U.S. troops killed in Iranian missile attack on Jordan
Two U.S. service members were killed and others wounded in an Iranian ballistic missile attack on a Jordanian airbase hosting U.S. troops. The attack occurred at Muwaffaq Salti Air Base, with CENTCOM confirming casualties and medical evacuations.
- US pummels Iran’s military infrastructure in latest strikes
The US military conducted strikes against Iran's military infrastructure. Video footage from CENTCOM showed cruise missiles launched from a Navy warship.
- Centcom says US military completes seventh consecutive wave of strikes on Iran
US Central Command (Centcom) conducted the seventh consecutive wave of strikes on Iran, targeting surveillance sites, military logistics infrastructure, underground weapons storage facilities, and maritime assets. The operation used fighter aircraft, drones, warships, and other military assets, with Centcom enforcing a naval blockade against Iranian ports and over 50,000 US service members deployed in the Middle East.
- IRGC Navy says ‘zero hour’ approaching for operation against US naval units
The IRGC Navy stated that the 'zero hour' for an operation against US naval units in the region is approaching, with US forces' movements and equipment under surveillance. The statement was carried by Iranian state television.
- U.S. strikes bridges around key port in Iran, expanding campaign in battle over Hormuz
The U.S. has struck bridges around a key port in Iran, expanding a campaign over the Hormuz region. Centcom released footage on July 17, 2026, showing the strikes on military targets in Iran.
- Trump keeps 'really big' address under wraps as White House says ‘nobody knows’ what he’ll reveal
President Donald Trump will deliver a Thursday night address focusing on 'free and fair elections,' with the White House stating 'nobody knows' what he will reveal. The speech may also address Iran amid renewed U.S. military strikes on Iranian targets, though no details about the content have been confirmed. Trump emphasized the importance of election integrity and mentioned the SAVE America Act, which includes voter ID and citizenship verification measures.
- US Unleashes Sea Drones on Iranian Naval Base in Historic Attack
The U.S. conducted its first combat use of sea drones, with three Corsair unmanned surface vessels attacking a submarine and ship maintenance facility at Iran’s Bandar Abbas Naval Base. The strike was part of a broader campaign targeting Iranian military infrastructure.
- US launches new wave of strikes on Iran, as blasts heard near Erbil consulate
The US launched strikes on Iran targeting military capabilities threatening vessels in the Strait of Hormuz, while blasts occurred near the US consulate in Erbil, Iraq. Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corps targeted the US Fifth Fleet in Bahrain, which intercepted attacks, and Jordan's armed forces downed three Iranian missiles.
- Boosting cyber skills, Iran apparently tried to track US military personnel via phones — report
Iran attempted to track US military personnel via phones by sending signals to a telecommunications network, according to a report. CENTCOM confirmed that protective measures are in place against such cyber activities.
- Centcom officials protest against Israeli transport minister's restrictions on refueling aircrafts
Centcom officials protested against Israeli Transport Minister Miri Regev's restrictions on US refueling aircraft landing at Israel’s main international airport. US officials stated the decision hampers American forces' operational needs amid regional tensions with Iran, while an Israeli military official called the US request justified.
- Centcom says US launched attacks across Iran
Centcom confirmed the US launched attacks across Iran, targeting military sites in multiple locations including Bushehr, Chah Bahar, Jask, Konarak, Abu Musa, and Bandar Abbas. The five-hour operation used precision munitions to strike coastal defense systems, missile and drone sites, and maritime capabilities.
- Third straight night of U.S. strikes against Iran
The U.S. is conducting a third consecutive night of strikes against Iran, as reported by CBS News' Kathryn Watson. CENTCOM confirmed the ongoing military actions.
- U.S. begins third straight night of airstrikes against Iran
The U.S. is conducting a third consecutive night of airstrikes against Iran, according to CENTCOM. National security analyst Joe Cirincione is discussing the situation on 'The Takeout'.
- US carries out fresh wave of strikes on Iran, insists Tehran doesn’t control Strait
The US conducted new strikes on Iran, with CENTCOM stating the aim was to degrade Iran's ability to attack ships in the Persian Gulf. President Trump previously described the strikes as 'bombed the hell' out of the country.
- U.S. launches another round of strikes on Iran
The U.S. has launched another round of strikes against Iran, as confirmed by CENTCOM on Sunday night. Olivia Rinaldi reported on the developments.