strikes
Coverage of strikes in the Nexus archive.
- Russia, Ukraine exchange overnight strikes that leave 7 dead, many injured
Russia and Ukraine exchanged overnight strikes that resulted in significant casualties on both sides. Local authorities reported that these strikes killed civilians and injured many others. The conflict has led to at least 7 deaths.
- Zelensky Says Ukraine Will Push to End Russia’s War Before Winter
Zelensky said Ukraine will push to end Russia’s war before winter by combining diplomacy, sanctions, and medium- and long-range strikes. He cautioned that the timing cannot be guaranteed and accused Putin of preparing to prolong the conflict.
- Trump says new talks with Iran to begin on Monday after calling off strikes
US President Donald Trump announced that negotiations with Iran will begin on Monday after deciding to halt potential strikes against the country. Trump stated Iran was aware of the impending attack and that talks are now underway.
- Trump frequently announces he’s halting strikes in Iran. But they keep happening
President Donald Trump has repeatedly announced halts to strikes in Iran, but such strikes continue to occur. His statements on Iran have followed a consistent pattern over the past five months.
- U.S. resumes strikes against Iran, retaliating against surprise missile attack
The U.S. resumed strikes against Iran following a missile attack, reigniting open conflict after a temporary pause. U.S. forces launched the strikes, targeting Iran in retaliation.
- Oil prices dip over 6% after US, Iran pause fighting over weekend
Oil prices fell more than 6% on Monday as the US and Iran paused strikes over the weekend after two weeks of attacks, raising hopes for a diplomatic solution to de-escalate the conflict and resume shipping in the Strait of Hormuz.
- Several strikes targeted Yemen's Hodeidah port, eyewitnesses say
Several strikes targeted Yemen's Hodeidah port on Friday, according to eyewitnesses in the city. No immediate reports of casualties or damage were noted.
- US expands strikes on 11th straight night of attacks
The US military conducted its 11th consecutive night of strikes, expanding attacks to Iranian provinces not previously targeted.
- US warns citizens against trips to Middle East as strikes against Iran continue
The US has warned its citizens to reconsider travel to and through the Middle East due to ongoing strikes against Iran. The advisory emphasizes potential risks in the region for Americans.
- Mediators proposed a 10-day cessation of strikes to revive the Iran-US deal, Reuters reports
Mediators have proposed a 10-day cessation of strikes to revive the Iran-US interim deal, as reported by Reuters. Senior Iranian sources confirmed the proposal to Reuters.
- Another American soldier killed as US, Iran continue strikes
Another American soldier was killed as the United States and Iran continue their military strikes. The US announced it conducted strikes on Iran for the ninth consecutive night.
- US releases footage of ninth consecutive night of strikes on Iran
The US military conducted its ninth consecutive night of strikes on Iran. Footage of the operation was released by the US.
- Millions of social care workers to get annual NHS-style pay rises in move that risks triggering strikes
Millions of social care workers will receive annual NHS-style pay increases. This move could lead to strikes. The policy mirrors NHS pay structures but introduces potential labor unrest risks.
- U.S., Iran exchange strikes for fifth straight day, Trump says, "they better behave"
The U.S. launched back-to-back strikes on Iran Wednesday, marking a fifth consecutive day of attacks between the two countries. Trump stated, 'they better behave', referencing the ongoing conflict.
- U.S. announces new strikes on Iran as war intensifies
The U.S. announces new strikes on Iran following a fourth consecutive nighttime barrage, with the conflict escalating over control of the Strait of Hormuz.
- Trump warns strikes against Iran will continue 'until I say it's enough' as he reveals the brutal attack he's saving for last unless a deal is made
Trump warns that strikes against Iran will continue until he halts them and mentions a final attack unless a deal is made.
- Trump warns strikes against Iran will continue 'until I say it's enough' as he reveals the brutal attack he's saving for last unless a deal is made
Trump warns that strikes against Iran will continue 'until I say it's enough' and mentions a brutal attack he is saving for last unless a deal is made.
- U.S. launches new attacks on Iran as naval blockade begins
The U.S. military launched strikes against Iran and reinstated a naval blockade. CBS News reporter Olivia Rinaldi covered the event.
- US Says It Conducted Fresh Round of Strikes Against Iran
The US claims to have conducted a third round of strikes against Iran, releasing videos from unidentified locations. These strikes prompted retaliatory attacks from Tehran.
- US launches new wave of strikes against Iran, aimed at ‘degrading’ military
The US launched new strikes against Iran aimed at degrading its military. These attacks follow three days of reciprocal strikes between the two countries as a June ceasefire agreement deteriorates.
- Fresh Strikes Threaten US Iran Talks
Fresh strikes are threatening ongoing US-Iran negotiations. The escalation could hinder diplomatic efforts between the two nations.
- The end of the Iran cease-fire: Letters to the Editor — July 10, 2026
The US and Iran have ended their cease-fire, with both sides launching new strikes. NY Post readers are discussing the developments in a July 2026 letter to the editor.
- 'The US and Iran don't want a return to full-scale warfare, but neither can appear to be the loser'
The US launched a second round of strikes on Iran on July 8 after President Donald Trump announced the ceasefire with Tehran was over at the NATO summit. Iran accused the US of targeting civilian infrastructure, including railway bridges, and labeled the attacks a 'gross war crime'.
- Trump Says US-Iran Ceasefire Is ‘Over’ After Strikes | The Pulse 7/8/2026
Trump stated the US-Iran ceasefire is 'over' following strikes. The announcement was made in a news report titled 'The Pulse 7/8/2026'.
- CNBC Daily Open: Dispatch from NATO, U.S. strikes Iran and Le Pen is back
Tensions between the U.S. and its allies escalate at the NATO Summit, and a fresh wave of strikes threatens an existing ceasefire in Iran.
- Qatar reviews workers’ rights
Qatar revised its labor laws to regulate part-time and freelance work for the first time, while implementing stricter rules on strikes. The reforms include doubling non-compete clauses to two years, requiring larger companies to establish joint management-staff committees, and imposing stricter wage payment oversight. Strikes are now limited to six unpaid days, with employers allowed to hire replacements, and employees agitating for illegitimate strikes can be dismissed without notice.
- US and Iran 'will stand down' after series of strikes threatened to break latest ceasefire agreement
The US and Iran have agreed to stand down after a series of strikes nearly disrupted the latest ceasefire agreement between them.
- US and Iran trade strikes days after peace agreement
The US and Iran have traded strikes just days after signing a memorandum of understanding. The agreement was recently signed, but tensions resulted in immediate military actions.
- As Iran and US near a deal, Tehran remembers another recent bloody conflict
Iran and the US are nearing a deal, while Iranian authorities claim assassinations and strikes over the past year have failed to deter them.
- Trump cancels Iran strikes scheduled for Thursday evening
Trump canceled Iran strikes that were scheduled for Thursday evening. The decision was made to halt the military action against Iran.
- Trump says canceling Iran strikes on Thursday
Trump announced the cancellation of planned Iran strikes on Thursday.
- US releases video of warship firing missiles in strikes on Iran
The US released a video showing a warship firing missiles during strikes on Iranian targets, described by the military as 'self-defence' actions. The video was published by US Central Command.
- Incoming third wave of strikes on Iran: Report
A US official reported that a third round of attacks on Iran is currently underway, as stated by Axios.
- Israel’s strikes on Iran expose Trump’s failure to restrain Netanyahu
Israel’s strikes on Iran are cited as evidence of Donald Trump’s inability to restrain Benjamin Netanyahu. The article highlights the failure of Trump’s approach to managing Netanyahu’s actions.
- 6/6: CBS Weekend News
Dangerous storms are threatening multiple states. Iran accuses the U.S. of violating a ceasefire, with both sides exchanging strikes.
- Are US and Iran close to peace or sliding back to war?
The article examines whether the US and Iran are nearing peace or a return to war, noting that neither side appears interested in full-scale conflict despite recent strikes.
- War-Hardened Kyiv Residents Return to Routine After Russian Strikes
Kyiv residents resumed daily activities like café visits, work, and classes following heavy Russian strikes that killed four and damaged buildings. The response reflects growing desensitization to war and a defiant continuation of life amid ongoing conflict.
- Strikes Near Strait Muddy Outlook for Iran Deal
Strikes near a strategic strait have complicated the prospects for a renewed Iran nuclear deal, creating uncertainty in ongoing negotiations. The attacks near the key maritime chokepoint raise concerns about regional stability and the feasibility of diplomatic agreements.
- Russia threatens Kyiv with fresh wave of strikes and tells foreign visitors and diplomats to leave Ukraine's capital 'as soon as possible'
Russia has issued threats against Kyiv, warning of a new wave of strikes and urging foreign visitors and diplomats to evacuate the Ukrainian capital immediately. The move heightens tensions in the ongoing conflict between Russia and Ukraine.
- Strikes restart at Stansted Airport as staff reject 'unacceptable' pay offer
Strikes have restarted at Stansted Airport after staff rejected a proposed pay offer, which they described as 'unacceptable.' The renewed industrial action follows previous disputes over wages and working conditions.