ceasefire agreement
Coverage of ceasefire agreement in the Nexus archive.
- Israeli strikes kill 9 in Gaza, cabinet minister says no deal to stop
Israeli air strikes in Gaza killed at least nine Palestinians as US President Donald Trump announced a breakthrough in efforts to implement a Gaza ceasefire. Israeli Energy Minister Eli Cohen stated there was no deal to halt attacks and emphasized the need for Israel to take full control of the Strip.
- Palestinians in Gaza hope Hamas will disarm but fear Israeli forces won’t withdraw
Palestinians in Gaza expressed hope that Hamas' agreement to disarm, as announced by Trump, might end Israeli attacks and allow rebuilding, but skepticism remains as Israeli strikes continue and ceasefire negotiations stall. The U.S.-backed ceasefire plan from last year, which included troop withdrawal and weapon decommissioning, has not been fully implemented, leaving many displaced and in poor conditions.
- Factbox-Where Trump, Israel and Hamas stand on Gaza roadmap
U.S. President Donald Trump announced a breakthrough agreement to end the Gaza war, but disagreements persist over implementation sequencing. Hamas demands Israel fulfill Sharm el-Sheikh ceasefire commitments first, while Israel requires Hamas to undergo disarmament. Previous diplomatic attempts have failed due to this dispute.
- Hamas says it will 'disarm when Israel keeps its word'
Hamas states it will disarm if Israel honors commitments under a 2025 ceasefire agreement. An unpublished 15-point deal proposes placing Palestinian weapons under a transitional authority rather than Israel or international forces, as U.S. President Donald Trump announced a U.S.-led disarmament agreement for Gaza.
- Israeli forces bomb town in southern Lebanon
Israeli forces have attacked the southern Lebanese town of Taybeh in the Marjayoun district, according to Lebanon’s National News Agency. Israel continues to launch attacks on Lebanon despite its ceasefire agreement with the Lebanese government and ongoing diplomatic efforts to end the Israeli occupation.
- Election Commission Clears Yabloko to Run Pro-Peace Candidates in State Duma Races
The Election Commission has approved Yabloko to field pro-peace candidates in the State Duma elections. Nikolai Ryabkov stated this allows Russians to vote for peace and freedom, promoting a legal pathway for ceasefire advocacy.
- Israeli forces heavily shell southern Lebanese town
Israeli forces launched heavy artillery attacks on Nabatieh al-Fawqa in southern Lebanon from a military position near Tel al-Nahas and Kfar Kila. The National News Agency (NNA) described the shelling as 'intense and concentrated,' despite an existing 'ceasefire' agreement with Lebanon and ongoing diplomatic efforts to end the occupation.
- Iran marks first night without US strikes in two weeks as tensions persist
The U.S. and Iran militaries did not exchange fire overnight, ending a 13-day streak of strikes over alleged violations of a ceasefire agreement. Iran's health ministry confirmed no new attacks via social media.
- Why the Iran war hasn’t caused a global oil crisis — yet
The 2026 Iran war initially caused the Strait of Hormuz to close, cutting 15 million barrels of oil per day from global circulation and prompting fears of a severe energy crisis. However, emergency measures like strategic reserve releases, increased production, and energy conservation helped avert predicted shortages and recessions, though oil prices remained elevated and some regional shortages persisted.
- Two U.S. service members killed, one missing in Jordan after Iranian strikes
Two U.S. service members were killed and one was missing in Jordan after Iranian missile and drone strikes on July 17. This incident marks the deadliest strikes on American personnel since a ceasefire agreement between the U.S. and Iran.
- Iranian leader calls Trump’s signature ‘worthless and invalid’ as war rages
Iran’s Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei criticized President Trump’s signature on a U.S.-Tehran ceasefire agreement as 'utterly worthless and devoid of credibility,' accusing the U.S. of breaching the agreement. He cited renewed U.S. strikes as evidence of the agreement's invalidity.
- Iran's Supreme Leader says US breaches show Trump's signature is 'worthless'
Iran's Supreme Leader Mojtaba Khamenei criticized repeated U.S. breaches of a memorandum of understanding signed by the presidents of Iran and the United States, calling President Donald Trump's signature 'utterly worthless.' The two nations exchanged strikes after a ceasefire agreement collapsed last week, raising fears of renewed large-scale conflict.
- Iran renews attacks on Gulf states after another night of US strikes
Iran launched renewed attacks on U.S. Gulf allies after a seventh consecutive night of U.S. strikes targeting Iranian military sites, including logistics infrastructure. The escalation follows the collapse of a fragile ceasefire agreement one week prior.
- Israeli strike on funeral kills 7 and wounds 22 in Gaza, local hospital says
An Israeli strike on a funeral in Gaza killed seven people and wounded 22, according to Awda Hospital in Nuseirat refugee camp. The strike targeted a funeral for a Palestinian killed earlier in the day. At least 1,123 people have been killed in Gaza since a ceasefire agreement in October between Israel and Hamas, with women and children comprising most of the dead.
- Lebanon deputy PM says framework with Israel lacks timeline for army’s withdrawal
Lebanon's Deputy Prime Minister Tarek Mitri stated that the proposed ceasefire framework with Israel does not include a timeline for the withdrawal of Israeli troops from southern Lebanon. He criticized the U.S. for acting as a sponsor rather than a mediator and called for adjustments to the balance of power to restore confidence in the talks. A U.S. official described the negotiations as 'productive' and confirmed they would continue.
- Locations used as launch points for US attacks will be 'legitimate target', Iran says
Iran warned that locations used as launch points for US attacks are 'legitimate targets' and accused the US of violating a ceasefire agreement by attacking its transportation and shipping infrastructure, calling it a grave war crime.
- Iran accuses US of breaching ceasefire deal with fresh attacks
Iran’s Foreign Ministry accuses the US of violating a recent ceasefire agreement and international law through attacks on Iranian infrastructure and shipping. It claims Washington has disrupted commercial operations in the Strait of Hormuz and used Gulf territories to prepare attacks, warning of potential defensive retaliation.
- Seven wounded in Israeli strikes on south Lebanon town
Seven people were wounded in Israeli air strikes on the southern Lebanese town of al-Mansouri. Five injured were hospitalized, and two were treated at the scene. Israeli warplanes conducted multiple strikes, violating a ceasefire agreement between the US and Iran.
- US and Iran trade most intense strikes since ceasefire extended
The US and Iran exchanged the most intense strikes since a ceasefire was extended, resulting in at least 14 deaths in Iran. The US launched airstrikes, prompting Iran to attack Gulf countries, with Trump declaring the agreement 'over'.
- Iran says it hits US military targets in Gulf, prepares to bury slain leader
Iranian armed forces targeted U.S. military infrastructure in neighboring Gulf states following U.S. strikes on Iran's southern coastal and eastern provinces. The attacks strain a three-week-old ceasefire agreement between the two nations.
- Violence continues in Gaza and West Bank, UN warns
The UN warns that violence persists in Gaza and the occupied West Bank despite a US-brokered ceasefire. Ramiz Alakbarov, the UN's deputy special coordinator, reported over 1,000 deaths in Gaza since the ceasefire and escalating violence in the West Bank due to Israeli military raids and settler attacks.
- Trump says Iran requested ceasefire talks in Qatar; Tehran denies it
President Donald Trump claims Iran requested a meeting in Doha, Qatar, for a ceasefire discussion, but Iranian officials deny the meeting is scheduled. The conflicting statements follow recent U.S.-Iran military strikes and a signed ceasefire agreement that included $300 billion in reconstruction funds for Iran.
- US and Iran 'will stand down' after series of strikes threatened to break latest ceasefire agreement
The US and Iran have agreed to stand down after a series of strikes nearly disrupted the latest ceasefire agreement between them.
- U.S. launches fresh strikes in retaliation for Iranian attack on tanker
The U.S. military conducted strikes on Iranian targets in the Strait of Hormuz following an Iranian attack on the M/T Kiku tanker, marking the second wave of U.S. retaliation in 24 hours. The incident risks destabilizing the U.S.-Iran ceasefire agreement and follows prior U.S. strikes and Iranian counterattacks.
- Lebanon says Trump backed ceasefire deal in call with Lebanese president
Lebanese President Joseph Aoun received a call from US President Donald Trump, who expressed support for a trilateral ceasefire agreement between Lebanon and Israel. Trump welcomed the deal's signing and affirmed US backing for efforts to maintain the ceasefire. Lebanon continues to face pressure to implement the agreement, which aims to halt Israeli attacks and reduce border tensions.
- Israel attack on Gaza refugee camp kills two, including a young girl
Israeli drones attacked makeshift tents in the al-Mawasi area of Khan Younis in southern Gaza, killing two Palestinians, including a young girl, and wounding four others. The area was designated a 'safe zone' under a ceasefire agreement with Israel. Injuries are being treated at Nasser hospital, one of the few partially functioning hospitals in southern Gaza.
- Trump bombs Iran after strike on cargo ship in Strait of Hormuz
US President Donald Trump resumed bombing Iran after an Iranian attack on a cargo ship in the Strait of Hormuz, raising concerns about a ceasefire agreement. This occurred as Israel and Lebanon signed a related deal.
- US strikes caused no damage to port of Sirik, says official
A US official reported no damage to Sirik port following US strikes, according to the director of East Hormozgan ports. Iran's Revolutionary Guards claimed they targeted US military locations in the region and stated the US violated a ceasefire agreement allowing Iran to control ship traffic in the strait.
- Trump blames Iran for attack on cargo ship in Strait of Hormuz
U.S. President Donald Trump blamed Iran for a drone strike on a cargo ship in the Strait of Hormuz, calling it a 'foolish violation' of the ceasefire agreement with the United States.
- Trump blames Iran for drone strike on cargo ship in strait of Hormuz
US president Donald Trump blamed Iran for a drone strike that damaged a cargo ship's upper deck in the Strait of Hormuz, calling it a 'foolish violation' of the ceasefire agreement. The US shot down three other drones targeting the ship.
- Trump accuses Iran of violating ceasefire with drone attacks in Strait of Hormuz
President Donald Trump accuses Iran of violating a ceasefire agreement by launching four attack drones in the Strait of Hormuz. Three drones were shot down, and a fourth struck a cargo ship, causing damage but allowing it to continue its journey. The incident prompted the International Maritime Organization to pause a planned ship evacuation in the waterway.
- Danger of the US‑Iran ceasefire agreement is what it leaves out
The US and Iran appear to have ended their latest military conflict, with both sides claiming success. However, contradictions remain, including Iranian insistence on de-escalation in Lebanon versus Israeli denial of such terms in the agreement.
- Two South Korean-operated vessels passed through Strait of Hormuz after MOU signed
Two South Korea-operated vessels passed through the Strait of Hormuz following a U.S.-Iran memorandum of understanding on a ceasefire. The vessels are in a high-risk zone but sailing normally, with no South Korean crew or destination to South Korea.
- JD Vance arrives in Switzerland to join Kushner and Witkoff for new round of Iran negotiations
Vice President JD Vance arrived in Switzerland to join Steve Witkoff and Jared Kushner for new Iran negotiations. The talks aim to build a framework for broader U.S.-Iran discussions following a 60-day ceasefire agreement. Iranian Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi is expected to participate.
- Iran recloses Strait of Hormuz after Israeli attacks on Lebanon
Iran announced the closure of the Strait of Hormuz in response to Israeli attacks on southern Lebanon and US violations of a ceasefire agreement. The Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) warned vessels not to approach the strait, citing security risks.
- US Centcom says 55 vessels passed through Hormuz today
US Central Command reported 55 merchant ships passed through the Strait of Hormuz on June 20, maintaining safe passage. This followed Iran's threat to close the strait over Israel's attacks on Lebanon, which Iran claimed violated a ceasefire agreement.
- Iran says it's closing Strait of Hormuz, citing Israeli strikes on Lebanon
Iran announced the closure of the Strait of Hormuz, citing Israeli strikes on Lebanon during a ceasefire agreement between the U.S. and Iran. Israel targeted Iran-backed Lebanese militia Hezbollah.
- What the US-Iranian Ceasefire Agreement May Mean for Ukraine
The US-Iranian ceasefire draft agreement is described as a significant US concession granting Iran economic and political benefits while reverting to pre-Trump war conditions. The article criticizes Trump for isolating allies like Israel and disregarding diplomatic expertise to achieve a personal political gain, with implications for Ukraine's strategic dependencies.
- Fighting persists in Lebanon despite a ceasefire as U.S.-Iran deal is under threat
Israeli strikes in southern Lebanon killed at least seven people, including two children, hours after reports of a ceasefire agreement. Fighting continues despite the reported ceasefire, and a U.S.-Iran deal faces potential threats.
- Fighting persists in Lebanon despite a ceasefire as U.S.-Iran deal is under threat
Israeli strikes in southern Lebanon killed seven people, including two children, shortly after a reported ceasefire agreement. Fighting continues despite the ceasefire, and the U.S.-Iran deal faces threats.