Skip to content
The Nexus
DossierENTITY

Kisangani

Coverage of Kisangani in the Nexus archive.

Earliest in view: Jul 2 · 21:51 UTCMost recent: Jul 30 · 16:19 UTC
Co-mentioned in this coverage
Recent coverage
  • HEALTHJul 30 · 16:19 UTCCOURTHOUSE NEWS
    Congo says the death toll in fastest-growing Ebola outbreak has passed 1,500

    The Ebola outbreak in eastern Congo has surpassed 1,500 deaths, with 3,442 recorded cases as of Tuesday. The Bundibugyo virus strain, which has no approved vaccines or treatments, is driving the fastest-growing outbreak, hindered by delays in contact tracing, community mistrust, and violence disrupting health efforts.

  • HEALTHJul 30 · 11:34 UTCWPLG LOCAL 10 MIAMI
    Congo says the death toll in fastest-growing Ebola outbreak has passed 1,500

    The fastest-growing Ebola outbreak in Congo has resulted in 1,521 deaths and 3,442 cases as of Tuesday, driven by the Bundibugyo virus with no approved vaccines or treatments. Challenges include lagging contact tracing at 78%, displacement from armed conflict, and attacks on health facilities, with the outbreak concentrated in Ituri province and affecting five other provinces including Kisangani.

  • HEALTHJul 30 · 10:48 UTCWPLG LOCAL 10 MIAMI
    Congo says the death toll in fastest-growing Ebola outbreak has passed 1,500

    The fastest-growing Ebola outbreak in eastern Congo has killed over 1,500 people, with 3,442 cases recorded as of Tuesday. The Bundibugyo virus, which lacks approved vaccines or treatments, is primarily concentrated in Ituri province, while contact tracing remains below the 95% target needed to control transmission. Security concerns and attacks on medical facilities have disrupted international aid efforts.

  • HEALTHJul 30 · 10:09 UTCKSTP ABC MINNEAPOLIS
    Congo says the death toll in fastest-growing Ebola outbreak has passed 1,500

    The fastest-growing Ebola outbreak in eastern Congo has killed 1,521 people as of Tuesday, with 3,442 total cases recorded. The outbreak, caused by the Bundibugyo virus with no approved vaccines or treatments, is concentrated in Ituri province and faces challenges including inadequate contact tracing and security threats disrupting aid efforts.

  • HEALTHJul 15 · 12:12 UTCWTOP DC
    Why the fastest-growing Ebola outbreak in history is becoming more challenging

    The fastest-growing Ebola outbreak in history, caused by the Bundibugyo virus, has infected over 2,000 people in eastern Congo with 750 deaths. Strikes by unpaid healthcare workers and challenges like misinformation, unstable infrastructure, and rebel threats are complicating containment efforts as cases spread to new provinces, including Kisangani. The World Health Organization notes 80% of new cases arise from unknown transmission chains.

  • HEALTHJul 9 · 14:50 UTCWPLG LOCAL 10 MIAMI
    Ebola death toll in Congo reaches 600, as new cases suspected in previously unaffected provinces

    The Ebola death toll in Congo has reached 600, with new suspected cases reported in Tshopo and Haut-Uele provinces, expanding beyond the Ituri epicenter. The outbreak, caused by the Bundibugyo virus, has 1,759 confirmed cases, and containment efforts face challenges including funding gaps and conflict in eastern Congo.

  • HEALTHJul 9 · 09:53 UTCAP NEWS
    Ebola death toll in Congo reaches 600, as new cases suspected in previously unaffected province

    The Ebola death toll in Congo has reached 600 as new suspected cases emerge in Tshopo province, a region previously unaffected. The total confirmed cases now stand at 1,759, with the outbreak caused by the Bundibugyo virus, which lacks an approved vaccine or treatment. Challenges include funding gaps, attacks on health centers, and conflict in eastern Congo.

  • HEALTHJul 9 · 09:32 UTCWPLG LOCAL 10 MIAMI
    Ebola death toll in Congo reaches 600, as new cases suspected in previously unaffected province

    The Ebola death toll in Congo has reached 600 as new suspected cases emerge in Tshopo province, a region previously unaffected. The outbreak, caused by the Bundibugyo virus with no approved vaccine, has resulted in 1,759 confirmed cases. Challenges include a funding gap, attacks on health centers, and conflict in eastern Congo.

  • HEALTHJul 9 · 09:32 UTCWDIV CLICKONDETROIT
    Ebola death toll in Congo reaches 600, as new cases suspected in previously unaffected province

    Ebola death toll in Congo reached 600 as new suspected cases emerged in the previously unaffected Tshopo province. The outbreak, caused by the Bundibugyo virus with no approved vaccine, faces containment challenges due to funding gaps, attacks on health centers, and ongoing conflict in eastern Congo.

  • HEALTHJul 2 · 21:51 UTCFRANCE 24
    DR Congo Ebola outbreak tops 400 deaths as virus reaches major city

    An Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has exceeded 400 deaths, with the virus now confirmed in the major city of Kisangani, located hundreds of kilometers from the epidemic's original epicenter in the northeast. Health authorities have reported the first case in Kisangani, signaling continued spread of the outbreak.