Skip to content
The Nexus
DossierENTITY

General Dan Caine

Coverage of General Dan Caine in the Nexus archive.

Earliest in view: Apr 10 · 10:53 UTCMost recent: Jul 21 · 19:23 UTC
Co-mentioned in this coverage
Recent coverage
  • SECURITYJul 21 · 19:23 UTCGUARDIAN US
    Pete Hegseth faces questions over $87.6bn additional funding for Pentagon

    Pete Hegseth, the defense secretary, faces Senate lawmakers over the Trump administration’s $87.6bn Pentagon funding request, which aims to sustain the US-Israel war on Iran amid concerns about escalating costs. The request includes $67.1bn specifically for the war effort, as the Pentagon warns of dwindling funds.

  • SECURITYJul 15 · 14:33 UTCDEFENSE NEWS
    Pressure mounts on US defense executives to boost weapons production

    President Donald Trump is urging defense executives to accelerate weapons production amid wars in Ukraine and the Middle East straining U.S. stockpiles. A Defense and Innovation Summit hosted by Senator Dave McCormick addresses industrial capacity and supply chain challenges, with military leaders and defense companies emphasizing the need for faster production and innovation.

  • POLITICSMay 26 · 19:06 UTCASIA TIMES
    Pete Hegseth’s desperate crusade for masculine validation

    President Donald Trump consulted military leaders about potential war in Iran, with General Dan Caine warning of risks like closure of the Strait of Hormuz. Pete Hegseth, labeled Trump’s 'Secretary of War,' is highlighted for advocating aggressive military action.

  • SECURITYApr 29 · 19:38 UTCAL JAZEERA
    Pentagon chief Hegseth first public hearing on Iran war: Key takeaways

    Pete Hegseth, the Pentagon chief, testified alongside General Dan Caine during a public hearing on the Iran war, which the Pentagon estimates has cost $25 billion. The session focused on key developments and financial implications of the conflict.

  • SECURITYApr 18 · 15:09 UTCBLOOMBERG
    US Preparing to Board Iran-Linked Ships in Coming Days, WSJ Says

    The US is preparing to board Iran-linked ships in the coming days, according to a report by The Wall Street Journal. General Dan Caine, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, discussed the situation during a Pentagon briefing, referencing a map of the Strait of Hormuz.

  • SECURITYApr 18 · 09:07 UTCNBC NEWS
    Iran reimposes 'strict control' over Strait of Hormuz, citing continued U.S. naval blockade

    Iran has reimposed strict control over the Strait of Hormuz, citing the continued U.S. naval blockade as a reason. The action was highlighted during a Pentagon press briefing where General Dan Caine spoke.

  • SECURITYApr 16 · 15:23 UTCAP NEWS
    Over 10,000 US troops are enforcing the Iran blockade, but no ships boarded so far, military says

    Over 10,000 U.S. troops are enforcing a naval blockade on Iranian ports, with 14 ships turning back after warnings. The military has not boarded any vessels yet but has stated readiness to use force, including warning shots or seizures, against Iran-linked ships attempting to bypass the blockade.

  • WORLDApr 10 · 10:53 UTCAP NEWS
    By the numbers: US thrashed military targets in Iran, but some capabilities remain

    The U.S. military claims to have destroyed over 80% of Iran's air defense systems and more than 90% of its regular navy fleet during weeks of conflict, though Iran retains some capabilities. A U.S. F-15E jet was shot down, indicating Tehran's ability to retaliate despite administration assertions of near-total destruction.